31

After get past that big three, the first year thereafter should not feel as miserable, no?

It is, indeed, my thirty first birthday today. the big 31. Sometimes, I find it incredibly amazed at how far I have come. I genuinely cannot quite remember what I did last year for my 30th birthday - I believe I went home for father's day. Of course, one should not forget the Turn Thirty in Bali Nuts Birthday trip, which unfortunately was only brought up meekly in this post lamenting about weight issues. I guess sometimes the mind just subconsciously deletes off unfavourable memories.

This year, interestingly, have turned out to be slightly different compared to last year. The most obvious difference is my location. Ironically, I have been transfered to the town I was born in. It is altogether familiar yet foreign at the same time. I had to remove myself from the comfort zone and try to assimilate myself into a smaller district setting with limited resources and different cultures.

The other areas of my life have also been a little roller coaster of some sort. I cannot even begin to explain how and why. I suppose life is just like that. Sometimes you do not get what you want, but somehow, surprises get thrown in along the way. And then, you receive flowers on your birthday. And you wonder what have you done to deserve it.


To the man who made the effort to send these flowers, thank you very much for your very kind and sweet thoughts. Although I still often get confused over what is going on, I guess I am just going to do the cest la vie thing. Nobody knows what the future holds, but meanwhile, we shall just have some fun and live this life to the fullest?

Turning 31 is not as bad as I thought after all. When I saw the monthly work roster, my heart initially sank a little. Despite how bad this on call will turn out to be (yes, I am currently at work), I will just breathe and live through it. It's 24 hours after all, and we're already six hours in.. 18 more to go?

Comments

Popular Posts