Getting out of the comfort zone

Today, my whole world changed.

It was just like any other weekend working day for me, albeit a freer type. I was doing my CME presentation in the computer room when the (almost) Head of Dept popped by and asked me the question that left me speechless.

She asked if I could go to *insert small town's name* for a year.

All of a sudden, I did not know how to react despite my multiple hypothetical questionings and scenarios I have been rehearsing in my mind since last year. I often wondered how would it feel like having to move once more. It was and always have been my greatest phobia having moved so many times to so many places.

It is only hours later it sank into me that all my premonitions before this finally have come through. I suddenly could not concentrate on my 'Managing The Difficult Airway In The Syndromic Child' preparation. I was practically dumbfounded.

Flashes of memories gushed through my mind. I am just about to build a life here. I just got used to the roads in this city. I have just started joining a small group where I felt belonged. I am just about to get used to hoovering and mopping the floor every 10 days in the detached house I live in.

Yet.. this verse just came to me

Jeremiah 29:11New International Version (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Comments

Popular Posts