Almost thirty


I turned twenty nine few days ago.

It was just like any other day - but it felt rather surreal to have come so far. When I was young, I always envisioned myself in my twenties; definitely not in m thirties. Funny how everything I dreamt of never really came through - except maybe the renovation of my bedroom.

I built so many castles in the air. The reality is that, I am still a struggling doctor. Yes, I managed to graduate with a MBBS from London on a scholarship (which felt so surreal). I live in a decent house. I am able to live within my own means even though I do not earn a lot. I have yet to meet my spouse. Oh, and do not even get me started about my fertility!

However, at this age, I suppose it is all about counting the blessings. It would be a never-ending chase of money, career and relationships. At the end of the day, when everything is swept away, what do we have left?



Comments

Popular Posts