Cheap thrill

I thought after years of learning it the hard way how cheap thrills lead to false hope and eventually heart breaks, I would at least be wiser. I am wrong. I still find cheap thrills very thrilling. They make me laugh. They make my heart skip a beat.

But at the end of the day, they mean nothing. You are supposed to just treat them as non-serious matters. The problem with me is that I sometimes subconsciously invest my emotions in these matters. The right thing is to have a good laugh and not get affected when things do not turn out the way you want them to be. However, I cannot help but think that I would just end up broken if I continue riding on these cheap thrills.

Having said that, I've turned into a cynic since. So maybe, just maybe, this time round.. the heart will be as tough as stone.

Comments

Popular Posts