Gracious

Luke 6:31 says
Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Sometimes, people mock or become so surprised why I am nice towards others. Is it so hard, or am I trying very hard to help others? Am I suffering through helping others?

Well, first and foremost, I do not think there that I try to pretend who I am not. I do not thrive very hard to be Miss Very Nice. I just go by a simply principle -

Do to others as you would have them do to you.

I suppose if you apply this in your daily lives, things just become rather simple and clear. I admit it - at times, I still find it disappointing when you treat others the way you would have them treat you, but at the end of the day, they still take you for granted. Things just do not reciprocate in many areas, I suppose.

Just now, I was actually in doubt when my cousin asked me to do some purchases using my credit card because his was blocked. I was doubtful it was a big amount of money. Then I thought of this verse from Luke 6:31. It is simple and applicable. People may be mocking me saying why am I so stupid to let someone use my card, what if he squanders away my hard-earned money and all those?

I guess radical living promoted by Christ in His sermon of the Mount reminds me over and over again to be the salt and light.

Comments

Popular Posts